1 2 3 4 5 6 7 -->

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Craft is in the air....

Well hello July! As I write this I have had to move my laptop from my lap to the arm of my sofa as it was making me boiling. I hate to complain but it is times like these where I wish I didn't work 9-5 so I could enjoy this hot weather rather than sweltering in a 30 degree lab all day (its always good when the air con is pumping out hot air!). 

Anyway, these last few weeks have been pretty productive for me.

1. I finally blocked my Northmoor Lock shawl


I cannot wait for it to cool down so that I can actually wear it. 

2. As some of you may know I've been doing a little bit of hand embroidery and made this for my Dad for Father's Day. Try as I might I just could not get that front wheel completely round but in the end thought 'sod it' and left it as it was. Sorry Dad!



3. I've been working on a ripple blanket!

Here is my first week ofrogress. I did succumb to mild crochet wrist last week so progress is going a bit slower now but I'll get back on it next week I'm sure. I've never done a ripply before and quickly found out why its so popular- its addictive!



4. Last but definitely not least, CRAFTELICIOUS IS BACK OPEN!! This is an amazing craft haven for anyone into pretty much anything. Decoupatch, pottery painting, mixed media arts, crochet. You name it you can do it here! 

You can read about my visit doing some decoupatch here, but I dropped by almost weekly to do some crochet, drink copious amounts of tea and chat to Safina, the owner of this fabulous business and fellow crochet addict. 

Check out their opening times over on their Facebook page

That's it for now (I think..........)

SSxx



2 comments:

  1. your shawl is so lovely! :) hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is simply nailed it. The way he carried out the direct approach doesn’t need the reader to think what’s the article is all about. Movies Embroidery Designs

    ReplyDelete